The Green Motion Birmingham International branch is located close to the airport and has a wide selection of cars for hire – from speedy 4 seaters to 7-seater MPVs - perfect for the whole family and their luggage. There are also low emission vehicles available and Green Motion is the UK’s only carbon neutral car hire firm, so you can be confident that your car hire has a reduced carbon footprint.
Green Motion car hire at Birmingham International is quick and easy to reach. Our rental station is conveniently based only a few minutes from the main airport terminal building.
If you have any difficulties, please call our offices on 0121 296 2980 and a member of the Green Motion Birmingham International Team will happily guide you.
Green Motion Birmingham International
Driving in Birmingham is like driving in any other UK city and follows the same laws as the rest of the country when it comes to factors like speed limits. Although the city is well signposted, you may wish to add a satellite navigation system to your car hire to keep you confidently on track to your destination.
Birmingham is very well connected, with motorways providing the main routes in and out of the city. It is important to note that there is a toll on the M6 road to the north of the city. More details including pricing and how to pay can be found here.
The city has well marked bus lanes and even has some bus only roads where cars are not permitted to travel. It’s important to abide by this as you can be fined for driving in these areas.
Although it’s wise to read up on UK driving laws and advice before getting behind the wheel, we’ve put together some useful driving tips:
- In all parts of the United Kingdom, you drive on the left side of the road.
- Using a hand-held mobile phone while driving is illegal.
- Throughout your drive you will likely encounter stationary speed cameras and possibly mobile speed cameras monitored by police officers in vans.
- There are many roundabouts throughout the UK which help to keep the flow of traffic running smoothly. There are two key things to remember when approaching a roundabout: get in the correct lane for the direction you want to drive (left, straight or right) and always give way to the driver on your right.
- Speed limits vary based on factors such as the type of road you are driving on. For this reason, it’s important to always abide by the speed limit shown on road signs.
- In the UK you will experience a ‘rush hour’ increase in traffic, often at its worst between the hours of 7.30 - 9.30am and 4.30 – 6.30pm. This can be especially bad in cities and on motorways, so if you need to be somewhere it’s worth allowing extra time.
From the most affordable car hire options like the Fiat 500, through to the luxurious Mercedes C Class, there is a car to suit your needs and budget at Green Motion Birmingham international. We also offer a choice of manual or automatic vehicles.
Located in the West Midlands, Birmingham is the largest and most populous city in England outside of London. What was once an industrial market town is now a colourful city with a thriving music, art and food scene. With plenty of incredible attractions, shopping and restaurants to experience, Birmingham has something to offer everyone whether you are travelling for work or pleasure.
The perfect day out for families (or anyone who loves chocolate), Cadbury World is less than a 30-minute drive from Birmingham and one of the area’s top attractions. See how the chocolate is made, learn the history of the Cadbury brand and of course try plenty of sweet treats on the way around!
Be transported back to Birmingham’s industrial past with a visit to this open-air museum which is less than 40 minutes’ drive from the centre. Explore original period shops and houses complete with costumed characters.
From Crufts dog show and autosport shows to business events, the NEC is a hugely popular events centre located near Birmingham International Airport.
There’s plenty of beautiful locations that can be reached in under an hour by car from Birmingham.
- Alton Towers is the UK’s biggest theme park and a must for thrill seekers visiting Birmingham! It can be reached in around 75 minutes by car.
- Stratford-upon-Avon is the hometown of one William Shakespeare and is a popular destination for fans of his work. You can get to this beautiful medieval market town in less than an hour by car from Birmingham.
- The Malvern Hills are home to stunning natural landscapes which are ideal for walking and cycling. It’s just an hour’s drive from Birmingham.