DRIVING IN UNITED KINGDOM
Further information to help with your car rental from London Paddington
After you’ve collected your hired car from Green Motion Central London, we know that you will be eager to get your car on the road and start exploring the United Kingdom.
If you are unfamiliar with driving in the United Kingdom, it is important to remember that you must drive on the left hand side of the road. We also recommend that you
consider hiring a GPS (SatNav) or Upgrade to a vehicle with In-Bulit GPS (ask at the rental counter for details) to ensure that you arrive at your destination with speed and accuracy.
Should you require any assistance while in London, the UK emergency services can be contacted by calling 999 for police, fire fighters and medical services.
PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE (PCN)
While driving In United Kingdom you MUST comply with with driving and traffic regulations to avoid traffic-related offences. Fail to do so might result the issue of penalty charge notice (PCN) from corresponding authorities. You might not be receiving the PCN directly in most of the cases (see below), please make sure you always comply with the regulation and pay attention to the signs. If you had received PCN directly please ensure you settle the outstanding fines within the deadline. For PCN that issued directly to us,
YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE OUTSTANDING FINES PLUS ADMINISTRATIVE FEE FOR EACH ISSUED PCN. Most frequent offences includes but not limited to,
- Driving through Toll road/zone with out paying (e.g. London Congestion Zone, Dartford Crossing parking..), PCN will be issued to us directly please check the
toll road in UK to ensure you have pay the right fee. Please be attentive towards the signs.
- Speeding, PCN will be issued to us directly, please check the
SPEED LIMIT in UK to ensure you are complied with the speed limited and be attentive towards the signs.
- Parking, you might receive a PCN directly, in some cases PCN will be issued to us directly. Please be attentive towards the signs.
- Driving on restricted road (e.g. Bus lanes, Restricted Vehicle type..), PCN will be issued to us directly. Please be attentive towards the signs.
If you are involved in an accident with 3rd party during your hire, please ensure you carry out the following:
ACCIDENT HELPLINE TEL. 07411 304 454 to report the accident immediately
2. Take down 3rd party contact details and vehicle registration number.
3. Take photographic evidence of the incident including damages on 3rd party vehicle.
4. DO NOT accept liability (fault)
5. Complete accident report form within 2 hours and email to
[email protected]. Note the time, date and location of the incident.
6. Report incident to the police by dialling 101 and take a police reference
For further advice and information on renting a car at Green Motion Central London and enjoying the best offers and discounts we have on offer, remember to get a car rental quote from
greenmotion.co.uk. Alternatively you can contact Green Motion's Central Reservation team by calling +44 (0) 2071 864 000 or by calling Green Motion Central London directly on 02071 860 000.
Green Motion Central London is looking forward to meeting your car hire needs in the United Kingdom.